If you want to make heads turn this festive season with an ultra-modern look, this step-by-step tutorial for mastering the graphic eye make-up can help you achieve it
If your make-up routine is in need of something fresh, give the graphic eye a try. This über-chic and striking trend is a positive break from the usual eye make-up. “This look works great for both day and night events. It’s easy to create and adds a contemporary touch to your traditional look,” shares Lakmé make-up expert, Donald Simrock. Here’s how you can look cool and add edge to your style by mastering this trend.
Get the look: First, nourish your eyelids using a dewy foundation. Follow it up with a bright-coloured eyeshadow with metallic or silver undertones to channel the vividly graphic vibe. “Finally, define the eye with kohl and of course, don’t forget to wing it,” he shares.
The faux pas: Do not match your eyeshadow to the colour of your outfit. Instead, Simrock suggests, “Pick a contrasting shade or mute the other features by using subtle shades to make the eyes pop. Too many colours tend to spoil the look.”
Keep an eye out for this:
- When choosing your eyeshadow, keep in mind your outfit, skin undertones, and the occasion
- For Indian women, coral, brown, black, green and copper work well
- When wearing blues, always remember, less is more.
- Use blue or green as an accent on the eyes or as a complementing colour
- Metallic shadows add a luminous quality to the look, but it’s better suited to smoother/textured skin as they can call attention to signs of ageing
- To add volume to small eyes or hidden eyelids, place a light shade with some metallic or pearly reflection to the centre of the eyelid and blend
-Inputs by Stafford Braganza, national education manager, skills and techniques, L’Oréal Paris